Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,199 members4,860 posts

Speakers Needed in Tampa, FL area

I facilitate a prostate cancer support group in Brandon, FL, just east of Tampa. We would welcome any visitor-speaker who would like to provide their perspective on their history of PCa treatment, whether it is short or long and complex. We meet on the first and third Mondays of every month at St. Andrew's Church in Brandon, 3315 S. Bryan Rd. near the corner of Bloomingdale Blvd.,33511 I am sorry I can not pay a stipend, but I will buy your tank of gas. Call my cell 602-692-4052 for details on how to find Disciples Hall, Room 428 on your selected day. The time slot is 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. I would be happy to take you out to dinner at an area restaurant; we have some good food in the Tampa area!

CalBear74

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Would love to but it is an 12 hour drive for me--from the mountains of N.C. #-Hours to Atlanta--and then to Tampa down 85 I guess. A little much for me at my age.

Nalakrats

Thank you for your offer Nalakrats. You would make an incredible speaker. Keep in mind the white sandy beaches in the greater Tampa area! Also, superb food! So on your next vacation make us your destination!

CalBear74

Jan Manarite is with a PC organization out of Fort Myers. She might be willing or know someone who is willing that is in the area. Her husband died of pc and she is a great advocate.

Thank you so much mjbach. Either way it sounds very exciting and I would love to have her or someone she selects. Please give her my phone number and my email, which is LachlanNiles@gmail.com.

CalBear74

Hi CalBear74,

You should contact Jan at jmanarite@hotmail.com

If you google her name you will see what she is currently putting together and maybe participate in one of her events to get a feel for what she does.

Mary

We hope to be back in Sarasota next winter. I would love to speak at your support group as I am a 17 year survivor.. 18 on 10/18. Been through lots but still alive.Let me know.

Kenner,

Please contact me through my personal email when your plans have taken shape for your return: LachlanNiles@gmail.com, that is my first and middle name. You could also call me on my cell: 602-692-4052 (brought my cell from Scottsdale when we moved here to the Brandon area). Thank you for your offer!

You may also like...