Advanced Prostate Cancer

New Chapters' Zyflamend [Whole Body]

Sorry to report folks--that the above named company has recently changed their formulation. It appears this has been done in the last 90 days or so.

They have replaced some of the CO2 extracted herbs with aqueous[water] extracts, and alcohol extracts. They have on some of the herbs kept some CO2 extract, and combined it with water or alcohol extract---that is dried to a powder.

Upon inspection of the insides of the capsule, which use to have a heavy oil, which is reminiscent, of a CO2 extract, we now find a powder, mixed with some latent oil/oils.

They at New Chapter have cheapened the product's material costs, yet maintain the same retail price. On top of this they have violated FDA Rules/Laws--IMO, by stating on the front of the label "same great formula". This is not true, and is a lie to the consumer--> us.

There have been reports of Eczema returning[As it is an inflammatory response], back pain returning, knee pain returning, PSA rising. And in my case my Zero C-Reactive Protein which indicated no inflammation, just tested positive at the number of 1.1. This is still quite low. But I am pissed.

I have a call to be returned to me by a Vice President. I have the President, and Founders name, and e-mail. P&G bought New Chapter in 2012. And they left it alone. Something changed as this company they bought was a money maker, and they wanted more profit, is my guess.

I will be communicating to the FDA, and I will be communicating with my State's Attorney General. This is personal to me, as I recommended this product for a couple of years, for those of us with Pca. On top of that I was personally involved in getting this bubbling new technology from Europe to the USA in 1990.

If wanting to substitute--the best I can suggest is keeping with Turmeric, adding Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate, as well as 5-Loxin.

I am so sorry this happened. But we know when the Big Boys be it P&G, or Big Pharma want to add more to their bottom line, we get screwed.

Nalakrats

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Thank you Nalakrats, invaluable information. I depend solely on this site for my supplement research.

4 likes

This is you can never rely on supplements.

They can change what is in the formulation at any time without even telling you.

The potency can and does vary unpredictably from batch to batch.

Without FDA approved trials you don't even know if it works.

1 like

P&G is an enormous multi-billion dollar company--to change a formula, and say it is the same original formula--is a violation that a company of this size cannot afford to have happen. I expect there is foul play. Their small division New Chapter, must have been or had some pressure regarding profits.

They were always trustworthy till about 90 days ago--their original formula did work, and it did for 6-7 years. Yes you can change a formula, but on a retail item with a label, you must make a disclosure. Like new and improved--well this one was new and of poorer quality.

Sh-- happens--at least I found it out, because I care! I still rely on my other 2 dozen supplements.

Nalakrats

4 likes

I remember when P&G bought New Chapter, the original owners said they were still on board and would prevent cheapening of their products...first was the removal of Lycopom that a lot of guys depended on then all the rest of their now crap supplements. The problem with supplements is not only that they don't work...Dr. Myers made a video about the danger of adding supplements...he gave an example of a patient who had a 7 month doubling time and was stable, then on his next appointment the doubling decreased to 4 weeks and the cancer was out of control...turns out the patient had added a new supplement...Myers said it took a number of drugs to get the PCa back under control...I remember when Myers said corn oil was like throwing gasoline on a fire and to also limit popcorn...who would think popcorn could kill you if you have PCa

2 likes

Thanks for the update, and the good work. Good luck with your conversations. Keep us posted.

1 like

Thanks for the update! I appreciate all of your work on this.

1 like

I'm glad you caught this and are fighting back.

Nalakrats,

Thanks for all of your research on the New Chapter Zyflamend. I’ve been taking it for about 2 years. It’s truly sad and frustrating that they had to change the formula/process to cheapen the product at the expense of the patients/customers who might benefit from using it.

Please keep us all posted on the replies you receive from your contacts with the company, FDA, and state Attorney General’s Office.

BTW, I’m one of those with a Far Side, Monty Python, Firesign Theater sense of humor who appreciates your banter with Gusgold. It falls under the “laughter is the best medicine” prescription. Well done!

3 likes

Thank you Nalakrats.

I would like to know where you found this information because I could not found anything on changes to Zyflamend. Just the opposite, Proctor & Gamble assured the public that the formula would not change. Of course this the company tooting it's own horn and that may be suspect. but I would like to review your findings. Big Pharma puts out it's own disinformation.

I saw the label changed--and people were complaining including my wife that it was not working the same---I got on the Phone with the Director of Quality Assurance---who admitted they changed the composition of ingredients but maintained the same amounts of the Herbs--I gave him a Dictatorial on CO2 technology as I am the one that helped bring it to the USA in 1989.

LOOK FOR A MAJOR POST ON THIS---AS I WILL BE ASKING ALL USERS TO CONTACT THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY--THEY CLAIM P&G DID NOT INTERFERE---i CANNOT TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

Nalakrats

1 like

Kudos on your invaluable and critical help (Gus as well for pushing the fire alarm on this)!

Yes, this raises the issue on supplement quality, etc. There is a problem with prescription meds ( fake pills etc) but as bad as the regulators are, they are better than none.

Even the mighty Nalakrats can’t cover the entire arena of the multiple supplements potentially changing at any time,ie,, corp. owner changes, unadvertised or deceptive labeling.

We have a powerful tool in these help websites. Isnt there a way to use them to mobilize via distributive work effort amongst ourselves to track changes and putting the info into the site’s collective powe to create a database and information alert system to help protect ourselves, since profit motive will always motivate the manufacturers? Or is this redundant as any perceived threat gets reported anyway like this one? Don’t we collectively have market power collectively that can be brought to bear on these manufacturers?

Dr Myers daughter produces a mag called Prostapedia. I had suggested they create a regular column called “supplements corner”. They liked the idea, however, not sure they have resources to do it-still up in the air.

Interesting about Prostapedia--I will Archive this response to me--for further use.

Nalakrats

You may also like...