Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,501 members5,166 posts

Warren Buffetts DQ Protocol Works

Before RP eat DQ Double Cheeseburger - Large Order of Fries - Large Milkshake - Blizzard. Fat guys have less metastasis after an RP and it is the metastasis of PCa that is fatal not the cancer itself. I don't live near a DQ so I am going to use The HD Protocol (Hardees Bacon & Mushroom (turkey tail) Burger...Large Fries...Vanilla Malted)

Gus

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/294...

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Gus,

Every post-diagnosis study shows reduced PCa survival with increasing BMI. Studies tend to report for BMI >=30, compared to normal BMI (18.5-24.9). However, overweight BMI (25-29.9) is a problem. BMI is a surrogate for visceral fat.

How might obesity be protective? Obesity comes with reduced testosterone [T]. Many obese men are near or below the hypogonadal cutoff, & some will be castrate.

If the study had adjusted for T levels, I think the "paradox" would have faded away.

The authors mention one possible explanation:

"Whether statin use might have affected the results was not assessed."

But miss the obvious one - that some obese men are on ADT-lite or full ADT, due to low T levels.

Also Gus, these were obese Germans. Will this modify your dietary ideas? Could you handle "a typical hearty Bavarian breakfast"?:

travelmeetsfood.com/bavaria...

-Patrick

Ja mein freund

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Thursday 03/08/2018 10:04 PM EST

You may also like...