Advanced Prostate Cancer
4,856 members4,611 posts

Vitamin B2 Deficiency benefits

medicalnewstoday.com/articl...

I gotta quit eating a pound of almonds every day.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Interesting. In the same order, this one link about antioxidants....

cancer.gov/news-events/canc...

Agreed. Word's been out for quite awhile that supplementing Vitamin E is bad news.

1 like

Dr. Myers told me not to eat any orange vegetables as PC eats beta carotene...He also told me not to take vitamin E or fish oils...Before I was diagnosed I was a vegetarian and juiced regularly with carrots...

1 like

I wish there was a definitive answer for so many questions about what to take or not to take. I get my omegas from wild pacific salmon oil with astaxanthin and stay away from flaxseed. What's your go to for this essential nutrient?

Oh no. I’ve been juicing for my dad with carrots and beets, and have been giving him fish oils. Is there anything you can point me to that I can read about why he shouldn’t have these things?

cancertherapyadvisor.com/fa...

Overall findings in these studies don't show that beta carotene feeds prostate cancer. Juicing carrots and beets will give you a large glass of sugar though. I gave up the juicing but I'm not giving up my spirulina.

1 like

Dr. Myers told me to stay away from beta carotene but beets, watermellon, any red vegetables were good. Do not know re the studies, just what Dr. Myers told me.

1 like

Thanks! How much spirulina do you take and do you use live cultures?

I use the Now foods brand of powder and add it to my smoothie two or three times a week.

My low carb and low sugar smoothie has the following ingredients:

Vega protein powder

Organic super greens powder

Organic grass fed hormone free beef collagen powder

True cinnamon

Ashwagandha powder

Triphala powder

Moringa powder

Apple peel powder

Black sesame seed ground

Spirulina powder

Almond milk

I use to juice heavily until I found out that low carb was best for me.

1 like

Thank you for sharing!

To quote myself from a prior reply:

comme ci comme ça

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Tuesday 02/27/2018 1:30 PM EST

I read the full medical journal article. It sounds promising and has dosing. I wonder how easy it is to get Diphenyleneiodonium chloride (DPI).

aging-us.com/article/101351...

As it’s just in trial stage I don’t think you could achieve what they’re doing using DPI. Perhaps limiting riboflavin intake may provide similar results. This study was an eye opener for me because I probably take in 8 times the recommended daily allowance of B2.

1 like

Oh, I thought it said they were only looking at compounds that were already FDA approved which made me think it was something that could be taken.