Advanced Prostate Cancer
7,123 members7,100 posts

Additional songs to fight cancer

A fellow warrior wanted to post some Dylan songs he listens to to help fight cancer but he did not know how to post. These are for him. Sorry but there are short commercials first.

Blowing in the wind

Knocking on Heavens Door

I have added one more Dylan song that will be played at my memorial service (which I hope is a far into the future)

I shall be Released

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Allow me to throw in my personal favorite.

3 likes

nameless9999, That close up raw and intense blue eyed brimmed rendition.. tangled up . Fantastic. Thanks!

1 like

Nameless, I should of known you would of found the song. God bless you!

1 like

A personal favorite of mine for over 40 years, I can sing every word. “ I had a job in the great North Woods working as a cook for a spell, but I never did like it all that much and one day the axe just fell , so I drifted down to New Orleans where my luck it was to be employed working for a while on a fishing boat right outside of Delacroix” I can relate my life to this song.

2 likes

Just outside Delacroix , that is a great one. N,arleans , like fort gump on the shrimp boat. Is that all you got?? What other crazy stuff have you done.

1 like

Thank you Walt and Friend who was thinking of you guys :) Love Bob Dylan. Love the calming songs.

2 likes

Oh yah! Any day now, any day now! Thanks Dr!

1 like

The band? Are you kidding! Going up country and on the road again. Two of my all time favs.

1 like

Ok I am old. I love Dylan and the Band. Was it really that long ago?

1 like

Old! You’re a kid, rock on by Davis Essex .ever heard it?

1 like

1 like

Music is therapy for the soul. Thanks Dr_Who . You don’t mess around!

1 like

"Robert Allen Zimmerman" who in MHO needs an Adenoidectomy.

To keep with what our Post subjects should address, I wonder what his PSA level is.

Good Luck and Good Health.

J-o-h-n Sunday 02/04/2018 12:50 PM EST

1 like

One of my favorites to listen to during chemo is Chumbawamba - Tubthumping. You might recognize the lyrics better than the title;

I get knocked down, but I get up again

You are never gonna keep me down

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink

He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink

He sings the songs that remind him of the good times

He sings the songs that remind him of the best times

(Oh Danny Boy, Danny Boy, Danny Boy)

It continues but it does cover the spirit of so many of the members of this group.

3 likes

Chumbawamba! Get up again ! Love it... Danny boy the lights are calling. Thanks!

1 like

Well I have definitely been knocked down. I get up. I am willing to do this every day until Cancer gives up!

1 like

I like Bob Dylan's music too but the song that springs to mind is "Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

4 likes

That’s the one!

1 like

Great suff......

1 like

You may also like...