Advanced Prostate Cancer
4,527 members4,370 posts

Japanese Rice vinegar inhibits cancer cells proliferation

Hi Friends

This article by NCI states Japanese traditional vinegar from unpolished rice , inhibits the proliferation of a variety of human cancer cells, including prostate carcinoma (LNCaP) , in a dose-dependent manner .

The dosage formula is not provided , possibly depends on your weight

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/151...

Vinegar is an acid and will make your blood highly acidic. Also vinegar is the only eatable substance that breaks down the sugar in your blood for this reason is highly antiglycemic. See this article

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

Please Google Vinegar diet, to learn more.

Sometimes I eat couple of pieces of cheese cake, to counter balance the sugar, I drink a large glass of Rice Vinegar- don’t try it at home.

Back to serious, an ethyl acetate extract of Kurosu (Japanese rice vinegar) added to drinking water (0.05% to 0.1% w/v) significantly inhibited cancer cell proliferation.

I don’t know, how much of Rice vinegar we should add to our diet to benefit from it. May be someone else can look into it.

Bruce

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Bruce,

"Vinegar is an acid and will make your blood highly acidic." ?

Not so, unless injected directly into blood.

Stomach acid is far more acidic, & the contents of the stomach have a pH of 2 when leaving the stomach. But the chyme is then treated in the duodenum so that the pH rises to 7. [1]

"The pH of your blood should be around 7.4. According to the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), acidosis is characterized by a pH of 7.35 or lower. Alkalosis is characterized by a pH level of 7.45 or higher. While seemingly slight, these numerical differences can be serious. Acidosis can lead to numerous health issues, and it can even be life-threatening." [2]

-Patrick

[1] en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chyme

[2] healthline.com/health/acidosis

Can vinager make your system more alkaline ?

Is a high alkaline diet benificial in fighting APC ?

Yes Lulu . Cancer cell will die if your Blood PH level is alkaline, thieve If your blood PH level is acidic .

Sugar ( Glucose ) or anything turn to sugar will make your blood PH acidic, also all meat , including Fish They have tested many foods , vegetables , fruits , drinks , etc. Nutritionist have assigned a number called PRAL score to different foods. A negative PRAL score indicates the food is basic/alkaline. A positive PRAL score indicates the food is acidic. A score of 0 indicates the food is neutral.

Please Google PRAL score for food and learn more.

Bruce

1 like

I agree with this. Thanks

Thank you very much.

Hi Lulu

Initially Vinegar when enters your blood will make your blood more Acidic. If your blood PH is highly acidic and only small amount of Vinegar entered your blood. Vinegar then breaks down some of the sugar to other elements, this will help your blood becomes more alkaline. There is not an easy answer to your question. Because it depends on how acidic your blood sugar is and how much Vinegar entered your blood. If you press for yes or no answer , then the answer is yes , Vinegar will make your blood PH alkaline, after the chemical reaction with the Glucose .

Also Vinegar has other properties that inhibits cancer cell proliferation

1 like

Don’t mean to press I do undetstand

Hi Patrick

Don’t believe what read , not unless is the result of a clinical trial , or you have tested it on yourself.

You can buy PH strips and test your theory on yourself, I have done it. I have been using them over 2 years now. I have seen my Urine or Blood PH level goes between 5-8.5 based on what I eat. It may stay around say 6 for couple of yours. Drinking lots of water will help to bring it to it’s normal level.

Bruce

1 like

I’m getting the strips.

That water is so important to everything.

Bruce,

You are saying that you test the pH of your blood & that it "goes between 5-8.5 based on what {you} eat"? Not possible according to the experts.

Or is that range only for urine? Urine pH says nothing about blood.

-Patrick

3 likes

Right. Urine PH is meaningless. Measurable, not meaningful.

What about other vinagers such as Braggs? Aren’t they all beneficial?

The foods you eat do not effect the PH of your blood. That's really a good thing, you screw with that and it's bad news. The PH of your urine goes up and down depending on what you eat, but that is just a residue that you are looking at. The PH of your urine is a poor indicator of your actual blood PH and also does not indicate health. Many factors other than food contribute to urine PH. It may be measurable, but it's not meaningful.

The only truth I see in the Alkaline diet approach is that foods that leave behind an alkaline residue are the more healthy plant-based foods. There are a lot of reasons why these foods are healthy, but they have nothing to do with PH. There are many science-based articles about this. Here's one:

healthline.com/nutrition/th...

Here's a quote from the article that sums it up:

Unlike many other strange diets, the alkaline diet is actually quite healthy.

It encourages a high consumption of fruits, vegetables and healthy plant foods, while restricting processed junk foods.

However, the claims about the mechanism behind the diet are NOT supported by evolutionary evidence, human physiology or any reliable study in humans.

Acids are actually some of the most important building blocks of life... including amino acids, fatty acids and your DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid).

The alkaline diet is healthy because it is based on real and unprocessed foods. It has absolutely nothing to do with being acidic or alkaline. Period.

4 likes

Hi gregg57

You were correct in stating the Blood pH can not be meddle with and it is always in a very narrow range.

I credited my excellent quality living now have past 75 days to my kind donation of $4000 to The Council of Deaf & Blind.

I am rewarded/repaid superbly now with this vision and ability to carry me forward past my 75 day journey with this unimaginable confident.

I will not mirror your journey of settling for a few months log extensions here and there as predicted by some so called experts (oncologist)

You are obviously free to choose your own journey.

For me I now have my eyes and ears opened up to a brand new reality.

Sorry again if I offended anybody.

I just want my story out and thanks for being patience.

Roland

1 like

Thanks for not being critical of my treatment by the "so-called experts". So far they are doing a pretty good job, just so you know. I'm a year out from diagnosis and have excellent quality of life and most importantly, I look good. I'm hoping to measure my extensions in life by years, not months.

I try not criticize people's choices in treatments. But I do feel it's important to debunk treatments themselves, if they are not science-based. To me, it's important to find treatments that are based on science and not pseudo-science, anecdotal or "works for me" stories. There are others reading these posts, trying to make treatment decisions of their own. Those decisions need be informed by the best science available, the kind used by the real experts, not the "so-called" kind you refer to.

3 likes

This posting is about the benefits of vinegar. I hope it was helpful. In regard to the blood PH level I rest my case. You guys need to test your self. Patrick tell the expert bbruce said otherwise.

Have a nice day

1 like

Thanks. I'm very familiar with the benefits of vinegar, I use it almost daily in my salad dressing. I am also very thankful that it doesn't effect my blood PH.

2 likes

Another nutter. Admin? This kind of stupidity should be on Facebook, not here.

4 likes

Indeed Excellent presentation

Occasionally I enjoy a bottle of vinegar before it turns to vinegar.

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Tuesday 01/16/2018 12:25 PM EST

2 likes

You may also like...