Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,751 members5,455 posts

NALAKRATS JUMPS OFF CLIFF[BEGINS FLYING SOLO]

At precisely 10:30 AM, on January 5th--I began my flying solo adventure. All my Docs. and I decided to pull the plug on my main ADT drugs, which were the Vantas Gel Insert Capsule in my arm--surgically removed---basically my Lupron--and I stopped my Casodex. I made the final decision! After having an Undetectable PSA for 22 straight months---it was time to make a move--and see if I killed all the bastards, or most, with anything remaining to be mostly unconscious, as to not to be able to cause trouble.

I will continue with my program of Back Ground drugs with my Supplemental Program.

For those of you that do not know what I do---go to one of my old Posts and read-----[THE 10 MODALITIES TO FIGHT METASTATIC PCA]. This program will remain in place, for me, and I will be on a 30 day PSA and T watch. All those that pray, I will gladly accept all prayers. Or you can wish me luck. I will continue to contribute. Happy New Year Y'all.

Nalakrats

99 Replies
oldestnewest

Good luck...and praying that you “killed all the bastards”.

5 likes

Thanks HalC

2 likes

I will pray that you have an undetectable PSA for many, many years.

Sincerely,

Erika.

3 likes

Congratulations! We are all excited for you and will pray for you to remain cancer free!

Also, thanks for all you do to contribute to our community! Your deep knowledge and strong guidance is important to us!

James

6 likes

I will continue, my research--not going anywhere. Thanks also for your contributions. By the way I use to live on Wesley off of Peachtree in Buckhead.

Nalakrats

3 likes

What a small world - I live around the corner from there!

James

2 likes

I do not live there, anymore as I sold the house and went to my mountain house in Hendersonville---But everyone knew my house in the days from 1995 to 2008--Everyone called it the Gargoyle House---it was 125 east Wesley Rd. Have no Idea what it looks like now--if the walls are still up. I restored it back to its original Splendor, of the Roaring 20's---and the house was on a few tours. Maybe you know who Nalakrats is? I do my Private Banking at Morgan Stanley on Peachtree---so once a year or so I come to town to visit---maybe some day a get together?

Nalakrats

1 like

I remember that home- it was a Buckhead landmark!

When you are in town let me know - perhaps we can have breakfast at OK Cafe. 😊

Best,

James

Will do--you are on my list.

1 like

Are you in Hendersonville NC? I live in Saluda. Maybe we can meet for coffee? I am also on hiatus from ADT - best of luck to you!

Yes I am in Hendersonville---use messenger with an e-mail

Nalakrats

Who did your surgery? Was it Donaldson?

Nalakats

Surgery was 2006 in Charlotte - Dan Watson.

Hi Nalakrats

It's good to be confident.

You are also a very experienced and veteran.

The new discovery Metformin although mild will come in handy so is my research on the effects of green tea. It doesn't need a lot. Brewed tea from a small tea bag is sufficient and it can be diluted and still be very effective.

Best wishes,

Roland

3 likes

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

May it make all the difference to you as you have made to me on my journey.

10 likes

Thanks Joe

1 like

Awwwww....I'm so happy for you Nalakrats!!! My good wishes and prayers for an excellent experience. I honestly thought you went on vacation and jumped off a cliff with those wing things!....I guess you kind of did 😁

ENJOY.

💖Jackie

2 likes

Thanks Jackie.

1 like

Best of luck and praying for you Nalakrats. I finished up my chemo and casadex/firmagon (12 months) so also going on my off period from the ADT drugs and looking forward to feeling more normal. PSA for last 9 months have been very low (<0.006). This will be my third vacation from the ADT drugs. Also checking the numbers every 30 days.

4 likes

Great stuff.

Nalakrats

2 likes

will your insurance cover the PSA test every 30 days? I'm on Blue Cross Medicare and was told will cover only every 6 months

I'm on blue cross blue shield private insurance so not sure on Medicare. Mine has no problem with paying every 30 days.

1 like

I have had 24 straight PSA's covered with Humana Supplemental/Medicare.

I only have that Medicare--now 187 deductible starting Jan. 1ST

Nalakrats

2 likes

Happy For you Nalakrats, I think you got this beat!

Dan

2 likes

Thanks Dan--we will find out!

Nalakrats

1 like

Best wishes!

3 likes

Thanks Yost.

2 likes

👍congratulations. Thank you for sharing your journey. Knowledge is power 👍

4 likes

Not going anywhere--will be around.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Good luck Nal! I am on the same path, stopped my Lupron a month ago after 19 months. Here we go!

And greetings also from Atlanta, Druid Hills.

3 likes
2 likes

:0 Wow.... pretty!

----> FIST BUMP <-----

is this it? (the house - prior text)

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Saturday 01/06/2018 1:28 AM EST

2 likes

Many years of continued undetectable. Perhaps you have killed all the cancel cells. I prayed for continued health for you.

2 likes

Thank you for the prayers--in God's hands now!

Nalakrats

3 likes

Would it be possible to repost your 10 modalities?

4 likes

I think you can click on my icon, and get to all my posts--it was done about 9 months ago. See if that works.

Nalakrats

2 likes

I certainly wish you the very best. Thanks for the update.

1 like

Thanks for following.

Nalakrats

1 like

Good luck on your treatment plan, do you have to travel out of the Western NC area for treatment. I moved from the Charlotte area to outside of Franklin, NC and would like to know where to get top quality treatment for stage 4 prostate cancer.

1 like

You had it in Charlotte, ay the Levine Cancer Institute---I recommend Dr. Earle Burgess--he is head of Prostate Cancer Trials and Research---and only sees Prostate Cancer Patients---but he is limited to 2-3 days of patients days.

Nalakrats

1 like

Thank you for that info.............

1 like

Congratulations! How do you get to your old posts for the 10 Modalities? Thanx.

1 like

I think if you click on my Icon, up will come --profile, posts, followers, etc. That is how I get to my old posts.

Nalakrats

1 like

Verses that speak to me.

Matthew 6:34

John 14:1

Philippians 4:6,7

2 Corinthians 4:18

3 likes

As for Matthew 6:34---I am not worrying at all about tomorrow---My whole Journey was put in God's Hands---thru the Messiah Yeshua.

Nalakrats

4 likes

Do you go to Freg Hirshbergs church by any chance? we are in Iowa and follow him online

No--I am a long way from Iowa

Nalakrats

He’s in Macon GA

As to John 14:1---my heart is not troubled, as there is a place for me as the Father has many rooms, as spoken by Yeshua.

Nalakrats

2 likes

As for Philippians 4:6,7 --I have given thanks along the way of my Journey, and have taken instruction, and allowed the Wisdom and Guidance from the Holy One of Israel to Lead me---and much Thanksgiving has been received and returned, to others.

Nalakrats

2 likes

2 Corinthians 4:18--I could not agree more---for we are not yet allowed to see what is eternal--IMO it is all around us, as we were only given so many Physical Laws, to live with, and all the others and Physical Dimensions we cannot enter yet are to be believed that they are there. And Shortly we will get that invitation, to enter, forever.

Nalakrats

4 likes

Nala,

Exciting times.

Don't get nervous, you can always do a U-turn, but I hope you don't have to do that.

Best, -Patrick

3 likes

I know Patrick, and since I never got to Castrate Resistant---if the bastards come back, they should be easy to knock down,

Thanks,

Nalakrats

4 likes

Praying for a complete and lifelong durable remission from the beast we are all too familiar with . You have been a lamp to us all in this dark journey . All the best !

1 like

Nalakrats thank you for being the spotlight in this murkie world of PCa. I will pray that you have beaten the beast. You are a inspiration to all of us. I will continue to watch for your posts and look forward to being surprised by your knowledge of prostate cancer.

Dennis

3 likes

Thanks Dennis--I am not sure it is so much my knowledge, but what the Holy Spirit instills in me.

Nalakrats

2 likes

I too am praying and wishing you all the best and a future clear of this beast. As one can see from all the replies, you are much loved and respected by the group—I heartedly agree with their positive feelings about you. You have given much for the welfare of others that are in this difficult Pca boat, including myself and know you certainly deserve good luck.

Hopefully , the prayers I left at the western wall will contribute to good outcomes!!

Thanks again for your advice and good luck — looking forward to hear more good news from you.

3 likes

Thanks Brother,

Shalom,

Nalakrats

2 likes

I’ll follow your program with interest as I’ll pull the plug sometime in 2018 assuming Psa stays <.1. Good luck!

Bob

3 likes

Cannot stay on the crutches forever---there is a time for the bird to leave the nest and sore.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Your trust in Yeshua as healer will get you through!

I know that to be absolutely true.

Shalom in Yeshua's Name

Nalakrats

1 like

the only downside is as your T recovers you will spend most of your time chasing female gators

3 likes

But always sipping my Gator Blood 2 cc's at a time.

Nalakrats

1 like

Prayers for you. I'll be looking forward to dropping Lupron in 1 1/2 years. dot't really enjoy side effects (especially FATIGUE in my case) but I's sure good to be alive. I do look forward to getting some T back if all continues as it has for you. Happy NEW YEAR without hormones!

3 likes

Actually it will now be Happy New Year with Hormones.

Nalakrats

1 like

Wishing you the best with your new adventure, and praying for the best possible outcome for you. I did a vacation from Eligard once, and it didn't work. Since then, no problems for a little over 4 years. I hope you fare well,

3 likes

Well I keep my Back Ground drugs[Avodart, Proscar, Metformin, Arimidex], and a shopping cart of specific supplements. Just the ADT goes.

Nalakrats

3 likes

I hope you killed them all! You are a blessing to this group!

3 likes

I sure tried--Thanks for your best wishes.

Nalakrats

1 like

Congratulations Nalakrats!! GREAT way to start the New Year!! Praying your dreams to come true and you enjoy many healthy years, for the rest of your life, cancer free!!

1 like

Well I will take your comments to the bank, and pray these comments gain interest!

Nalakrats

2 likes

Fair winds and following seas shipmate!

1 like

Don't think my old CG Cutter is still around--but I am. Thanks Sailor.

Nalakrats

1 like

Good luck

1 like

Thanks--I will leave it to my God.

Nalakrats

2 likes

Best of luck to you on your new journey.

Happy New Year.

Rich

2 likes

Thanks Big Man!

Nalakrats

1 like

If your going to jump off a cliff, why don't you go HALO (high altitude, low opening) sky diving with me? It's (was) a real trip. :)

1 like

I prefer body surfing in 100 mile an hour hurricanes with 60 foot waves.

If you get caught in a wrong position, death comes quickly--almost got me once.

Nalakrats

1 like

:○

Brave move indeed. I ve wondered if that could work for us .I pray that for you it’s a success,giving to us following you hope..You don’t have testosterone but you ve got big cajones..Good Luck!

1 like

Thanks, the natural T is on the way back---how much I wind up with will take awhile to determine---There is T therapy down the road if my Pca does not move in 6-9 months---that will be done with John Hopkins, as my current MO would want their blessing---but first--lets see what the first 30 day PSA looks like. I can only take things one day at a time---alreadt feeling physically better---could be a mental wish.

Nalakrats

3 likes

Semper paratus, and thanks. You've been a big help to me.

Thanks goes to the Holy One Of Israel--who provided me with wisdom and guidance, by me asking, for these attributes, thru Prayer, many times in my Prayer Closet.

Nalakrats

1 like

Nalakrats , Prayers going out to you for continued success. God Bless.

Thanks --I get chills from those that ask that God Bless me.

Sincerely,

Nalakrats

Happy New Year and best wishes on your freedom from ADT!

I stopped my ADT(Lupron shots/daily Casodex) on March 31, 2017 - My MedOnc was initially reluctant, but finally agreed and said that I had the time to experiment.

My background: 01/2015 PSA @ 840(GL 7, mets to L ureter lymph nodes) started ADT. 1st chemo two weeks later and PSA@ 433. Did 6 Taxotere sessions and then PSA was still in teens. MedOnc went to Tumor Board and no one would agree to more chemos. He allowed me to help decide and said he would continue as until it plateaus or I say to stop. So, I had 9 more chemos and in 01/2016 started Metformin 500mg 2x/day with PSA at 0.7 Got to a nadir of 0.2 in 08/2016 and started ticking up to 0.5. Began Ursolic Acid, Resveratrol, Curcumin and PSA hit another nadir at 0.1

It had gone back up 2 months ago to 0.2 and on 12/29/17 to 0.5 - a one month doubling time. Testosterone is rising, as planned, to 86. I didn't wanna go castrate resistant and wanted to give the PCa testosterone and then down the road restart ADT.

My very best to you and Mahalo for your contributions to this forum

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow

Don't stop, it'll soon be here

It'll be here better than before

Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone

Fleetwood Mac

Randy

1 like

Exiting times ahead for you. I’ll be very interested in the (hopefully positive) progress, as I’m also BRCA positive. Who knows, maybe there will be a clinical trial based on your results.

Best wishes on your continued success.

Thanks for your best wishes--I do not think what I do will ever get into a Trial---there are probably 16 back ground drugs and supplements involved in my Program.

Nalakrats

I like your program, and thanks about your best wishes for me. You might want to try New Chapters Super Critical CO2 extract of Turmeric---it is new---and as a student of CO2 extracts, it probably has 100 times the amount of active Turmerones, as well as the more than 3 Curcumins, which we call a complex, that you can/can't get in a powdered capsule. These capsules, have the essential oils, concentrated to a very high degree, by the extract method, which is done at cold temperatures, not allowing deterioration, that you get from other extract methods.

Just a thought--You know I am not a Doctor--I just report, and many times I am using things I report on. If this is beneficial, they also have Zyflamend whole body Capsules---really great for inflammation and lowering your C-reactive protein numbers. The lower these numbers the lower the PSA. Some test have proven this---but it is not a NIH, or NCI approved application. But, then again, everything I do is not approved.

Nalakrats

Great news! Thanks for all you do for us and best wishes on the new (non) regime. Jim

Thanks Jim.

Nalakrats

Praying for you for sure that you have won your battle!!

Very few win the battle---I am Praying for a Durable remission at least, and maybe something better.

Your Prayers are part of everything. I so thank you.

Nalakrats

1 like

Nal,

Dr. Myers says you have a 50% chance of a durable remission with Avodart. If you have a BCR your best course of action is to wrestle Gustave where you have a 100% chance of being sent to Davey Jones Locker. This is what I plan on doing if my Xtandi/Bat protocol fails. Gustave has already sent 300 people to The locker.

Gus

thecuriousforteanweb.files....

Inspiring combination of knowledge, compassion for your fellow man, and deference to our maker! Thank you Nalakrats for the example of how to fight, share and maintain perspective. I’ve added you, and all here to my prayer list.

Best, Leo

1 like

Thanks Leo, the most important thing you can say to me has been said by you.

Shalom,

Nalakrats

2 likes

You may also like...