Advanced Prostate Cancer
5,741 members5,438 posts

Prostatepedia newsletter - not receiving it

My friend has PCa and I subscribe to Snuffy Myers monthly newsletter which is Prostatepedia. Every month I have to contact the organization to get the newsletter which I SHOULD receive online. Is anyone else having the same problem???? As of this a.m. I have contacted them 4 times with zero response.

This is not the weekly email ..... this is the one I pay $$$ for.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Just to overstate the obvious....though we are friends with the publisher and her family, as we are friends with most everyone else in prostate cancer advocacy land, Malecare is not the publisher of Prostatepedia. May I humbly suggest that you email or telephone the contact number on the Prostatepedia website or on one of your previously received newsletters.

You have my personal empathy. Waiting and waiting and not receiving is agony.

1 like

I have sent two emails and called twice. I realize Malecare is not the publisher of the newsletter. Thanks for your reply.

2 likes

Here's what you need to do. I also had the same experience. Prostapedia has outsourced the clerical functions, which include subscriptions, over to an outfit called "The Owl" which is run, in my humble opinion, by some of the original members of the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. If it's screw-up-able, they will gladly do it. Call them up, that's what I did several times! Call up Prostapedia directly. You will find their customer relations number on a back issue of the newsletter.

Thanks for your reply. I have called them 2x and emailed them 2x.

It is very frustrating.

I always threaten to kill them... that seems to work...

Good Luck and Good Health.

j-o-h-n Saturday 01/06/2018 1:37 AM EST

Geez, I guess I am not alone in having problems with getting my newsletters!

Thanks for your response.

I had the same problem here's the person who helped fix the glitch, no problems since.

Corinne@prostatepedia.net

Ed

Thanks EdBar - I have been in contact with her from a previous issue and no response when I sent her an email this time. Wonder if Jessica Myers Schecter is looking into what is going on with the Rivanna The Owl

I sent them an email asking why I was being pressed to subscribe and they said I already was. So I get an email monthly telling me what’s coming and I get it a bit later. I agree that it could be a lot smoother. The latest issue is about immunotherapy which at this point in time is pretty ineffective for PCa.

Bob

Bob, thanks for the reply. Snuffy would have a bird if he knew what The Owl was not doing.

1 like

Having same problem now. Paid 6 weeks ago. Emailed them twice. Got nothing yet.

I think the subscription "machine" is broken. I am sorry to hear that you have

not received a response or a newsletter. Did you email Corinne? or info @ Prostatepedia.net? They have a phone number which is...

800 975 6238.

You may also like...