Advanced Prostate Cancer

New Treatment Suppresses Ar and AR Variant Expression

Having read the paper, I will Summarize. Niclosamide and Bicalutamide[Casodex], in combination overcomes Xtandi-and Casodex-Resistant Pca. Activation of AR and its Splice Variants[I.E. AR-V7], is linked as we know to advanced Pca, and drives resistance to usually all Antiandrogens. The roles of AR and AR Variants is still not understood.

Researchers using Niclosamide--a Potent Inhibitor of AR Variants significantly enhanced treatment with Casodex. The combination not only suppressed AR and AR Variant expression and inhibited their recruitment to the PSA Promoter, but also significantly induced Apoptosis in Xtandi-Casodex resistant cells.[CWR22Rv1 & C4-2BMdvr]. In addition the drug combination inhibited the growth of Xtandi-Resistant tumors.

In summary, results demonstrate that AR Variants, particularly AR-V7 drive Casodex resistance. and that targeting with Niclosamide, can resensitize Bicalutamide[Casodex]---resistant cells to retreatment with Casodex. This seems to hold true with Xtandi--and my guess Zytiga[Mine]

The interesting thing is that the drug Niclosamide has been around a long time. Its main purpose and continues today is for the treatment of Tapeworms and other infestations, of this type.

So we can now rid ourselves of worms, and get longer staying power from Casodex, Xtandi, and maybe Zytiga--as Zytiga was not analyzed.

But all kidding aside---if interested Molecular Cancer Therapeutics at the Amer. Assoc. Cancer Research: 615 Chestnut St. 17th Floor, Philly, Pa. 19106 or aacr.com, or mct.aacrjournals.org/)

Nalakrats

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Thanks, It will be interesting to see how it works in Humans, I notice 3 trials 2 phase 1 and a phase 2. One at Hutchins in Seattle and 2 at UC Davis in California.

Thank you for sharing. Definitely would be interesting to see how it works in humans and if it works for Zytiga as well. More research needed, I would strongly suggest.

But if in a bind--since the drug is FDA approved, and harmless---If I lost resistance tomorrow, I would not hesitate to get an off-label prescription, and try it. Metformin helps against resistance, Statins seem to, Pygeum and Moringa have some History in Germany and India, and in some cases DIM has also shown some usefulness. So we add another. A cocktail of the above? Who knows! There are those who play Doctor at home--I pray they research everything before adding to their bodies.

Nalakrats

My old stomping grounds, Nal. I will look into it.

J

Hey Nal, change the com to org.

Appears aacr.com is .org---as to American Association Cancer Research.

Sorry,

Nalakrats

You may also like...