Thymoquinone Flavone

Black seed oil from Black Cumin Seeds, used in Southeastern Asia as a flavoring in certain food preparations in those areas, contains a chemical compound titled above: Thymoquinone.

In clinical studies this natural chemical shows promise for slowing tumor growth and making certain cancers more vulnerable to treatments with other modalities, causing cell death in vitro. [Frontiers in Pharmacy, June 2017]. Animal studies shows that Thymoquinone protects organs from drug induced toxicity. Intuition, would seem to make this Flavone a possible candidate to be used with Chemo. [Pharma Cognosy May 2017].

Just another Natural to add to our libraries. Am I thinking of adding---no. Just reporting.

Nalakrats

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Does the witch doctor recommend coating the seeds with refined sugar?

• Who is the Which Doctor?---and no sugar is not on the diet.

Nalakrats

• I can make some recommendation on how to take the oil. I have found that unsweetened cranberry juice is the best to hide the taste. I put 2 tablespoons of Black Seed Oil in to a half juice glass of unsweetened cranberry juice then you throw it to back of your mouth.. like taking a shot. Do this BEFORE meals so that you do not burp it up. I tested this out for my husband on several juices but unsweetened cranberry juice was the only one to hide the taste.

For the seeds.. grind them and mix with an equal part of raw honey. Not too terrible.. the seeds taste better than the oil.(At least in my opinion)

Not related to Prostate Cancer but in my testing for my husband I found that the seeds help reduce my allergy symptoms.

Edited to add:

The Black Seed I am talking about is Nigella Sativa, we get it from Dr. Fitt.

• I am not sure the Black Cumin (nigella-sativa) is the same black cumin you are writing about. I bought some "Nigella Black" in Greece, I use it for cooking as a spice, in eggs or whatever you want. I have also seen Black Cumin (nigella-sativa) in Indian spice shops.

Sloan has a good app/site About Herbs

mskcc.org/cancer-care/integ...

• Let the Botanical name escape me---but it is a typical spice of India--so may be the same.

Nalakats

• I mentioned Thymoquinone in:

"Foods/Supplements-Vitamins: Seeds" (a year ago).

The primary source of thymoquinone is Nigella sativa (ofen erroneously referred to as black cumin).

You can buy them at Penzey's as charnushka [1]. As such, they are used as a topping on Russian rye bread.

They are also called kalonji, or simply nigella. Other incorrect names are black onion & black caraway.

Good Indian restaurants will sprinkle them on naan bread.

I wish I had more occassions to eat them.

22 PubMed hits for PCa/thymoquinone: [2].

-Patrick

[1] penzeys.com/online-catalog/...

[2] ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?te...

• Yes it has lots of hits--I may have missed your post on it---but bringing it about again, especially with the new papers published in the past few months--re-shines a spotlight on it.

Nalakrats

• ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

Eat your curry mixes! Make your own curry powder it's better !

• Just reporting!

• I said I would get back to you. JH could not do my ARV-7 test for they could not find circulating cancer cells.

Rich

• Sorry to here about trying to get important info---good news, you do not have cancer cells in your blood trying to find a place to land.

Nalakrats

• I sprinkle a tablespoon of black cumin seeds (nigella sativa) on my fruit salad every morning. Maybe it will do me some good.

Just be careful, black sesame is often labelled as black cumin because black cumin sells at about 4 times the price of black sesame. A fellow PCa colleage i know used to work at McCormacks and he is very knowledgable on these subsition rackets.

• The nigella sativa seeds are not too bad tasting. I have started grinding them and adding to cooking for my husband when I can. The oil has a much stronger taste. He seems ok taking the oil in the unsweetened cranberry juice. I bet it would be good for dry skin as it has a perfume like smell.

You may also like...