New Study at U Texas, shows combination of turmeric, apple peels ( Ursolic Acid) and red grapes, stop the growth of prostate Tumor in Mice

This study was funded by NCI , and Conducted by U of Texas , Hopefully will help some of my friends in this group.

Please click on the following URL , to read the article in details.

news.utexas.edu/2017/06/06/...

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You can get all the Ursolic Acid you need from Zyflamend, and it will come from the Co2 extracts, of Rosemary, Holy Basil, and Oregano. Also within this product is the Co2 extract of Turmeric---so the concentrations are extremely strong, and to get your grape---you can add Muscadine Grape Extract, or go directly to taking Resveratrol Capsules. Just a thought!

Nalakrats

• It's a shame that University of Texas News would trivialize the findings of an in-house study:

"When you dine on curry and baked apples, enjoy the fact that you are eating something that could play a role starving — or even preventing — cancer."

The study identified "ursolic acid, curcumin and resveratrol"

"All possible combinations of these natural compounds produced synergistic effects on tumor size and weight"

"Curry" may or may not contain turmeric. I suspect it is included for digestive reasons rather than flavor. It is used in small amounts - often no more than 1 tsp - & would make a meal bitter-tasting if much more was used. Curcumin is ~2% of turmeric. And curcumin from turmeric is not very bioavailable. However, Longvida (as in CurcuBrain) has been shown to be bioavailable.

Ursolic acid is found in the waxy coating of apple skins. I have no idea how many baked apples one would have to eat to get a therapeutic dose. Holy basil extracts sometimes promise a standardized dose; usually 1.5-2.5%.

Resveratrol is found in the skins of red grapes, but it is produced in stressed fruit - UV insult or fungal attack. Even so, it is not very bioavailable. Revgenetics micronized Nitro250 is the resveratrol that I believes Dr. Myers recommends.

There is a widespread idea than a "healthy" diet can cure all ills, but polyphenols such as the three mentioned, achieve their effect at pharmaceutical doses. They don't coax cancer cells back to normal, they kill them. It's chemo-lite.

-Patrick

• I started taking Tumeric extract 500 mg 1/day and Pomegranate extract 250 mg 1/day in 2006 when my PSA reached .4 after being neglible since my 1999 radical prostatectomy on diagnosis with a PSA of 2.4. After a literature search at that time, I felt these were that most likely supplements to be helpful. I still take them.

My oncologist at the time at MD Anderson prescribed 7 weeks salvage radiation of the prostate bed and starting ADT(casodex and lupron) which I did. She said their wasn't sufficient evidence that any supplements would help, but they probably wouldn't hurt . I still don't know if these supplements helped but it is 18 years since diagnosis.

• Does chocolate chip ice cream count?

j-o-h-n Tuesday 08/22/2017 6:54 PM EST

• Hey Nalakrats there's a bunch of different types of Zyflamend. Which one are you talking about?

You may also like...