Gus, have you heard about BIRM

Interesting under the radar, herbal from the deep Amazon Jungle of Ecuador. Patrick and I are in study. I think I will jump the gun of the studies and add it. Quietly, the NIH, just gave the University of Miami, an initial start-up fund of 1.2 million, to begin formal studies. Appears this BIRM, has been around, for a few years but did not hit our sonar. We have enough testimonials on Amazon, to kind of make this a strong candidate for inclusion to Homeopathy/Supplementation consideration.

Nalakrats

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/127...

Sounds like another addition to my vault.

Thank you!

• where do we get this Nalakrats

• Nal,

do you have any guidelines on how to take BIRM. Looks like the directions are not in English

Gus

• OK Guys, on BIRM---You can get it at Amazon---there are 2 shown---the first one is the one being tested at the University Of Miami, with NIH money--the NIH is hot on this. Patrick and I have read the Article that broke the info.

If anyone wants to try this---you are to feel effects in 2 weeks or less, and those with Castrate resistance, might check PSA before and after one month, to measure results.

I suggest you read all the comments by those that are using it. I think there were 54 comments---mostly 5 star--all using for cancers, and some taking with Chemo--some are not telling their Radiation Oncologists, and are not having side effects of chemo. Mystery.

There is not anymore study I can really latch on to. Patrick is seeking more info, thru his research channels.

I am going to pull the trigger and get my first battle---should increase energy against the effects of ADT, would be my first purpose, second, that it might kill any Pca cells that wakes up, as yesterday my PSA test was again undetectable. Price is 47 dollars at Amazon--I think you can find the use amount per day--by reading the comments, or call customer service and have them read the use if not on the site. It may be in Spanish--you can use your reverse translator on your computer.

All I know,

Nalakrats

• Nal,

you made a good find with BIRM. The dose is 2ml twice per day. I ordered a bottle as it is worth a shot based on hundreds of positive reviews. Good article below..BIRM might be as good as Gator Blood.

Gus

miamiherald.com/latest-news...

• I tried BIRM several years ago at the suggestion of my University of Miami affiliated urologist. It had no effect whatsoever on my PSA doubling time. Not surprising as most supplements are hit or miss, at best. When you consider that PCa is a very heterogeneous disease, one would expect that there would be a wide range of responses, if any, to a natural remedy.

• In the studies, in mice, not all had a response either. But those that did had remarkable responses. This as I have said many times many therapies comes down to your pathology, and the type Gene Mutations you have. AS within Prostate cancer we are dealing with dozens of diseases. So what might work for one will not work for another. This why there is this push for development of targeted drugs--each drug to target a certain DNA Gene Mutation. Sorry it did not work for you.

Nalakrats

• Nal,

The chance that any substance would be a one shot treatment is real low but BIRM could make a supplement protocol way more effective

Gus

• That is one way I am looking at it. We both must have fatigue issues. First thing we should notice is a reduction in fatigue, and an up-tick in energy. If I have 14 supplements that cause Apoptosis of Pca cells and I get one more into the fight, great. Right now this is not an issue of money--my supplement costs are out of sight, so what is 47 dollars more. If they knock out any waking up Pca cells---then my remission will continue. But I am a realist, my pathology is not a good one---so maybe, there is no Katy bar the door supplements yet to be discovered. For all I know, my ADT-5 may be doing all the work.

Nalakrats

• Nal,

there is another factor at play here. Your ADT may be keeping your PSA at <.01 but the supplements may stop the development of CRPC. That is one reason I take the supplements...the other reason is I believe my supplement protocol prevents other cancers and has life extension properties.

Gus

• Very True Gus. Overall health, and vitality through exercise with the supplementation, will buy extra time, and hopefully prevent secondary cancers.

I know I have circulating dormant/sleeping Pca cells---so I have the troops out, and the snipers in place, to whack any cell that wakes up. My front line of ADT-5 troops are also armed with assault rifles.

My concern is about left behind stem cells, that may get active--as they do not give off the enzyme that we measure as PSA, and they are capable of dividing and creating daughters. They do not seem to care about ADT's, as they are truly alien beings, feeding on what? They tend to be slow growing, and anti-angiogenesis, supplements may not stop them---but not proven yet. So it is gung ho---with my program.

Nalakrats

• Guys, Right now I'm frustrated. I tried to "dialogue" with my oncologist about new stuff, specifically the use of nitroglycerine patches, and he cut me off-he wasn't even interested in reading the paper I had for him. Sure, it's easy to say "go find another doc," but it ain't. To top it, my psa that day was up (1.4 from 1.2) - and this is 9 months after restarting ADT3, when it should be dropping quickly. Again, his approach is more of a wait and see...and then follow the party-line protocol.

herb

• I want some!

• Lulu---have you read all the posts. I would study, and ask more questions before jumping in.

We have had in the past other materials/supplements that were to do wondrous things, only to cause disappointment.

I keep preaching, that with all the different pathologies, and different gene mutations we may all have, usually makes no 2 people the same. That is why some things/drugs/supplements work for some and not for others.

I am prepared to experiment on myself--as I am not going to wait 4-5 years before more research, gives BIRM a + or a -. I do not suggest anyone else to do what I do.

Nalakrats

You may also like...