Adult ADHD Support

Newly diagnosed at 44

Hello all!

I'm newly diagnosed with Adhd at age 44. I'm just starting to explore options with treatment. This diagnosis came as a shock but, I can't say that I didn't know something was wrong with me all my life. It was always there but, I couldnt put my finger on it. Now, I finally can make sense of it and finally cope with it in a healthy way (hopefully).

I'm back in college and also working and I'm having a hard go at it. Not being able to focus is stressing me out and sending me into panic and despair. I don't want to quit school and be defeated by this! So I'm earnestly searching for ways to make this work with the extra added "adhd" rock in my bag.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Kami, same here returning to school much later in life and newly diagnosed. It can be challenging but we're so resilient that we can make it work!

2 likes

Hay ... I’m doing Nvq it’s so hard to knuckle down, but somehow we manage, have u looked at different foods to eat and not for ADHD .. they suggest high protein and fibre .. I googled it, it’s defiantly worth a look if u haven’t already. Drinking plenty of water and regular exercise can help also. Xx 💪🏻 together we are all stronger ❤️

4 likes

Im right there with you. Just got diagnosed at 46 after a life time of struggle. It was not a surprise.

Wellcome to the tribe!

2 likes

I can certainly identify with your experience of realizing something is wrong but not being able to put my finger on it! I really thought I had dementia as my symptoms became increasingly unmanageable when I hit perimenopause. My doctors have ruled out dementia, thank goodness!

Good luck with your endeavors. I know it’s really tough, and stress really aggravates my symptoms. Our health is primary! I know for me, I can’t add anything more to my life until I get this figured out. I really hope and pray for your sake that you put your mental and physical health above everything.

Best to you,..

2 likes

You may also like...