Trying the natural ways

has anyone tried dealing with HDHD without medication ?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

My daughters classmate Mom uses essential oils

Yes I have tried. After many years of struggling I decided on full evaluation, treatment and therapy. I also have to practice active awareness. When I’m stressed this becomes a huge issue. Also I try to avoid my triggers. That hasn’t been avoidable lately.

I have had ADHD my entire life, but I didn't have to go on medication until the end of college, and I 100% believe it's because my active lifestyle growing up helped keep my brain in check. I played basketball growing up, and then in high school I ran cross country. When I got to college I stopped being as active and my concentration got way worse. I think if I were still active and doing some sort of physical activity every day, then I'd be able to go off my medication.

2 likes

yes i believe that sport plays a major role on our case i think you are right i should try being a lot more active ! i will try that and tell you what i conclude :)

1 like

As a teenager I was very active, riding horses, hiking, running, yoga, body pump classes(that’s exercising with weights). I’d go to the lake and knee board. Loved the sun and water. Boy I miss all that. I had a beautiful body and all that physical activity, looking back I realize now that’s what got me through those years without medication.

If you can get yourself in physical shape do it! As an adult we got responsibilities to handle and I think medication helps a lot. Maybe you can try decreasing your dose and or only take it on days you’ll now you need to