Adult ADHD Support

My debut

I would like to say hello to y'all. I have struggled with ADHD as long as I can remember. My generation did not diagnose ADHD much and if they did, it was almost exclusively in boys. It didn't help that I made straight A's my entire education. Once diagnosed as an adult (in my 30's), the right medications began to clear my head. I have a BS in Biology, but I went back for a BS in Nursing. It was during the prerequisites that I realized I could concentrate! I could listen in class, study efficiently, make excellent grades. The nursing program I attended was "fast-track" for students with a bachelor's degree, two years of courses in 15 months. Very intense. Much easier to do with meds that I have to have to get anything done. I find that days without any meds means I'll be sluggish, flighty with my thoughts, not able to get much done. I was also diagnosed with depression and anxiety (way back when I was 16). Didn't start anything for that until I was18. I've been through a lot of antidepressants and experienced serotonin syndrome trying to switch from Cymbalta to Pristique. Cymbalta and Lamictal keep my depression and moods stable. I also take clonazepam as needed for anxiety. I have a wealth of experience and knowledge in this area and hope to find the support I need to live a healthy life

1 Reply

Welcome! I can relate to everything you are saying! Have a great weekend!

You may also like...