32 and fired again

Has anyone struggled with keeping a steady job because of their ADHD symptoms? I've been fired for the second time in my life. I wasn't being treated for my ADHD yet, (was in the process) and the job was heavily detailed-oriented. It was a nightmare for me, no matter how hard I tried to do my best. Being a coordinator of anything is probably not a good fit.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Only once before I was on Ritalin, now I win employee awards. Not sure why the medication is so hard to get. Made such a difference in my life and I can do things I never thought I could before.

Best of luck!

• OMG, yes. I encountered coworkers at Target who were appalled that I've had like 12 jobs (At the time I was 33, but I'm 35 now - I got fired from Target too - kept getting my work schedule confused)

• I feel you! It's so hard to control the symptoms of ADHD even though you try and try. My boss probably thought I was an idiot and lazy but really I was trying so hard, bringing work home, working on Sundays. Ugh, just want to be in control of my life but ADHD makes it so difficult!

• I'm 60 and jobless ... I'm not sure how to be gainful towards retirement ...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Anybody want to start a company?

You may also like...