Getting there

Hi all,

Over the past 12 or so days, I've felt amazing. I live with my 11 month old nephew who has really helped me! I don't know why I never looked at him for reassurance before, but hes the funniest, happiest and most gorgeous little boy ever. We're also really close because I'm close with his mum (my sister) and his father isn't around. I was at his birth and was the first to hold him! Being away from him is so heart-wrenching and I'd never been so upset. I think I'm very lucky to have had someone so clueless to really impact my life. I'm on 100mg Sertraline and they're going great. I get around 3-6 hours of sleep a night but I'd rather that than low, unmotivated days. Counselling too is OK, however I go back to Sixth form tomorrow. I hate it there, I really really do. I think it's the problem. Having so much time away made me realise how much I hate it. I feel sick and I'm so anxious.

2 Replies

• Kids can be a great comforter especially when they are not yours! Enjoy having him there but don't make him the centre of your life as you will have your own one day. x

• Hi NicoleBr, it's good that you have found someone who brings you happiness, and that your counselling is going OK. It is understandable that you are anxious about school, it is hard to feel at ease with all the pressure of achieving, on top of hating the environment in general. One good way to think however, is that once it is through, you won't ever need to go back. Then you can look forward to making yourself happy. The whole point of school is to help you further in life, learning all the skills and qualities they provide will support you. I hope it goes well for you.

You may also like...