This Action on Depression HealthUnlocked community is set up to support people who have diagnosed or undiagnosed depression, their friends, family, carers etc. This community is moderated by supporters of Action on Depression.
Content on this site does not replace the relationship between you and your doctor or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.
Views expressed are those of individuals and not of Action on Depression. Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for any discussions regarding self-treatment or the outcome of any such discussions.
Members of the Action on Depression HU community must read these Guidelines which cover the whole of the site including the Posts and Private Messages.
1. The support team can delete any post they judge inappropriate without notifying the author. The member may be informed of the reason the post was deleted and invited to rewrite their post. The member can get in touch with the support team to discuss this.
2. The support team can make any member 'read only'. An explanation may be provided via private messages.
3. The support team can remove members from the community. An explanation may be provided.
4. The support team can refuse membership to the Action on Depression community.
5. Users should report any abusive or inappropriate posts.
6. All members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
7. All members should be comfortable posting here. Any post which causes alarm, harassment or distress to any person, regardless of poster intention, may be removed.
8. Members posting and/or answering questions on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals.
9. Members posting on the community must only post information which is true and correct to their knowledge. If relevant, please provide references to health or medical information.
10. Members posting links should try to explain briefly what people can expect to find if they follow the link. Links without such an introduction/explanation may be deleted.
11. Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.
12. Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the content of ‘Private Messages’ or the outcome of any action taken as a result of private messages. The messaging system is private and cannot be accessed by the support team. Private messages should be reported for abuse to the HU support team.
13. If members choose to make contact with each other via email, telephone or in person, Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the outcome.
14. Any post considered to be advertising will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the support team. This includes any links or information leading users to commercial or irrelevant sites, including obtaining UK prescription only medications without prescription.
15. Any post which appears to be asking for money, except for fundraising for Action on Depression, will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the support team.
16. Do not name and shame identifiable individuals.
17. Do not solicit members to other websites or forums for your own purposes either via posts or the messages system.
18. Do not post offers to sell, give away or receive medications or over the counter supplements. Some people may have adverse reactions to the ingredients in these.
20. Do not post contact details or names of psychiatrists or doctors in the community
21. Do not post links or website addresses in post subject fields
22. Action on Depression reserves the right to update and/or amend these Guidelines at any time without notice.
23. Whilst it is fine to have off-topic conversations not centred around depression or treatment, the support team reserves the right to remove posts that provoke unrest in the community. This can include religious and / or political posts.