Post viral labyrinthitis

I was diagnosed with this last week after I had been feeling off balance for a few days. For the past two months I have had severe depression, anxiety, dry eyes, dry mouth. This did follow a cold virus I had so the diagnosis makes sense.

The thing is the off balance feeling appears to be mild-moderate compared to some other peoples experiences I have read, and mine is quite infrequent. My major problem at the moment is the severe depression and anxiety, increased fatigue(i already have CFS). Today I have been feeling very depressed but only felt slightly off balance a couple of times today. I wonder if theres something more to it than the post viral labyrinthitis or maybe I just exhibit symptoms differently.

2 Replies

• I suffer from problems with my ears cause by PSA. Skin flakes off in my ear canal and I get dizzy and a little deaf, until I can clean out the ear. The problem in my case my hearing becomes worse and I do not notice it. Hazel sometimes knows as I keep turning up the volume of the TV or I start becoming dizzy and keep falling back on myself, can be bad on stairs and that can be made worse when I loose problems with my legs as my condition makes me worse as my legs can be weak when walking.

• Hi Wesley,

I have a recurrent problem with Positional Vertigo ( changes in head position ), which seems to coincide with Seasonal asthma ( allergy to pollen and funghi spores ). It is linked to sinus inflammation during these times of year. It can vary in intensity but is generally 2 months before completely cleared. I often feel more fuzzy brained and fatigued during these flare ups.

I use my stick to have some support if the vertigo hits are severe ( and try not to move my head around too much if I can remember ! )

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kind regards, Angela x

You may also like...