...Who would you be?

Inspired by Sarah and CJ, I have to ask in a TV programme who would you be and would you have a catchphrase and if so what might it be?

I would of course be Reggie Perrin, and or Charles Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons. Is it worrying that they are both chaps and Im a gal?! Anyway, I have to deliberate about the catchphrase as it would be going some to top :

CJ: "I didn't get where I am today by selling ice cream tasting of bookends, pumice stone and West Germany."

or

Mr. Burns: Who is that fireband, Smithers?

Smithers: That's Homer Simpson.

Mr. Burns: Simpson, eh? New man?

Smithers: He thwarted your campaign for governor, you ran over his son, he saved the plant from meltdown, his wife painted you in the nude...

Mr. Burns: Doesn't ring a bell.

X

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Caroline,

I laughed. I should mention that my other half calls me Mr Burns sometimes. What a sweet nickname.

I'm going to have to think who I would be. I'd love to be Barbara from the Good Life but have a tendency to veer towards Margo.

Off to have a think.

Sarah xx

• Oh noooo Margos much better, Barbaras a bit bland, good lookin and all, but Margo has the stuff....

Margo: [Later, when Jerry leaves after Margo is finally in the mood] Well that's the last that I play the tart for you, Jerry!

Your partner has good taste!

X

• Basil Fawlty.

Sybil: You seem very jolly Basil

Basil: Hm?

Sybil: You seem very jolly

Basil: Jolly

Sybil: Yes jolly. Sort of happy.

Basil: (With feigned reminiscence) Oh happy. Yes I remember that. No not that I noticed dear. Well I'll report it if it happens.

Sybil: Well, you look happy to me, Basil.

Basil: No, I'm not dear

Sybil: All that dancing about, singing and rubbing your hands.

Basil: Just my way to getting through the day, dear. The Samaritans were engaged.

No offence intended to anyone and hope none taken. The dysfunctional relationship just makes me laugh.

Sarah x

• That's so funny. My memory of Faulty was either of the Major saying his name, or when he beat the car with a twigg because it wouldn't start!

Cybil is in real life Timothy Wests Mum, bonkers ...lol.

The seminal piece was the one about the Germans of course.

I always thought Julie Walters as the doddering, deaf old waitress would have fit in perfectly in the Towers :-)

The thing is, not to put to finer point on it, have you got the height!

XX

• Oh yes, Mrs Overall. She would have been brilliant.

No I'm only about 5ft 3. So no chance.

Maybe Alan Partridge. I could live in a travel lodge and buy driving gloves.

X

• Actually if you click on the link its a sketch called two soups, its so silly, but YES, I forgot about Mrs Overall.

Well I mean if you're going to be Mrs Overall, I'll be selfless and be Miss Babs :-)

The funniest AP I saw was when he was talking to the Gordie and keeps saying he cant understand him.

You've got great taste, well I mean you would wouldn't you, you are after all a Libran! ;-)

At the weekend my BF said he used to have a crush on Jodie Foster and I had to tell him, not only could he NOT pull JF but also Signory Weaver, but 'I' could.....ha ha. Thats like being a boy gay and saying you could pull James Dean....ha ha.

X

Just an aside my optician said that by the time I was 40, I'd be bifocal, I told him, I wasn't thinking of changing my sexual preference...he didnt think it was funny.....ahhhh...lol.

• I thought it was funny.

Miss Babs made me think of League of Gentlemen and Babs Cabs.

Perhaps I could be Pauline and her pens. Pens are friends. Or Mickey love.

Or Tubbs. I love Edward and Tubbs.

I'm laughing to myself now Caroline. I'm going to have to get some of my box sets out to watch again. I've still got 5 episodes of Breaking Bad to watch until the END.

Xxxx

• ooooh Breaking Bad, how I envy you, we watched it twice through! ...Looove it sooo much. And Dexter and you need to see Orange is the New Black so funny.

What do you mean I watch alot of series ....lol. Well that will all change soon, first day back at school tomorrow....you heard it here! :-)

X

• Got to be Monty Python's lumberjack sketch. Hilarious. x

• So are you saying youd be a lumberjack?!

X

• :) noooo of course not but people were talking about their funniest lines etc. I don't want to be anyone on the telly thanks. :d Bev x

• I get it Bev you want to be on the Archers! ...Bingo! :-)...lol. x

You may also like...