Slightly annoyed. . . Thought she was meant to be there when no one else was

After talking to a friend who I went to see on the wend my mother has been goin behind my back asking my friend how was I instead of speaking to me. This has happened before so I shouldn't be surprised but I still am.

The world has to revolve around her and her health.

She msgd me last nite to see how I was and obviously the convo got back to her about how she has a form of depression and is teary, she then msgd this morn at eight and sed she will come over this morning to see me when I asked what time she said one o clock. (this is her normal routine as she will go for a walk then pop to mine on way back)

So I've said guess so but if she was any other person I would cut her out my life as she makes me feel crap but as she is my mother it's so hard.

I'm lost I don't know what to do.

Things haven't been right since I got married and then she split with my dad (she has a new partner now)

Sorry for the vent. . . . .

3 Replies

• Hi cookie

Please don't be sorry for venting, it helps. That's what the site is here for.

I really empathise with you on this one. When it is family I like to think its because they are worried about you that they do this sort of thing. But for me I feel betrayed. It's different maybe in some circumstances (very few) but it feels intrusive to me.

Can you not talk to her about how you feel about her asking a friend and not you? I know sometimes it's difficult for many reasons. Is it because she is genuinely worried about you? In my particular case I new that wasn't true...

I did once talk to someone about a similar situation and it helped but everyone is different and it depends on the full circumstances.

I hope your day today isn't too bad and you manage to find some peace to enjoy some of the day.

Sue xxx

• Thank you sue.

I've not been on for a while but hope to be back now.

I hope all is well for you. X

• Good to have you back !! Xxx

You may also like...