a very old BTA member!

I've just learned about the new website format and moved over from the old BTA website.

I think I was keithmac there and have been unclemac here for some time in the acoustic neuroma section - my tinnitus is caused by my unwelcome lodger.

Although I have T I'm blessed that it's not a major issue for me. I know that for some it's a potentially life-wrecking condition.

ps You'll find a similar posting on the acoustic neuroma section which I wandered into by mistake!

Last edited by

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 'unwelcome lodger'? I have to ask :)

• The unwelcome lodger is a vestibular schwannoma - acoustic neuroma - living, but presently not growing (much?) in my head alongside my brain. Reputed to be benign but that ain't how it feels!

• For one minute I thought it was a heavy metal drummer. :)

I think we spoke on the old forum. It's good to have someone here with an acoustic neroma. It's one thing that many new people with T worry about. The main reason for the MRI scan in some cases even though it's rare.

I hope you are doing well and enjoying the bits which still work as we approach 'maturity'. :)

• "asw21

For one minute I thought it was a heavy metal drummer. :)

I think we spoke on the old forum. It's good to have someone here with an acoustic neroma. It's one thing that many new people with T worry about. The main reason for the MRI scan in some cases even though it's rare.

I hope you are doing well and enjoying the bits which still work as we approach 'maturity'. :)"

I couldn't recall if anyone on BTA has a tumour but I've just seen that you and John do.

I'm doing OK, thanks, and most of the other bits work tolerably well for a 69½ year old....

My tumour hasn't grown perceptibly since the official diagnosis in summer 2013 so that's a blessing. Another blessing is that my T isn't the b***er that it is for some sufferers. Both conditions, though, leave me feeling I have less in common with sufferers whose T isn't brought about by an a.n.

• Fortunately my MRI scan was clear. Not sure where you read I had one, but I remember it was something which worried me a lot at the time. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

• "asw21

Fortunately my MRI scan was clear. Not sure where you read I had one, but I remember it was something which worried me a lot at the time. I'm glad you guys are doing well. "

I misunderstood what you'd written earlier and I'm pleased to hear your MRI was clear. Looks like it's just me and John Jopp who have these little lodgers....

• Hi. Just to say snap to the acoustic neuroma. They found mine 3 years ago with my first MRI scan. It was about 4mm then and is now about 5mm. I think the plan is to leave it be for now and then probably gamma knife when it gets to about 10mm.

John

• "JohnJopp

Hi. Just to say snap to the acoustic neuroma. They found mine 3 years ago with my first MRI scan. It was about 4mm then and is now about 5mm. I think the plan is to leave it be for now and then probably gamma knife when it gets to about 10mm.

John"

Hi John. I hope yours doesn't grown any more quickly than at present and ideally not at all. GK at 10mm with a rate of growth as now sounds reasonable if you're young. I hope things work out for you as you'd prefer...

I'd like to go to my grave in old(er) age and my tumour no more a problem than it is right now.

We'll see how that turns out!!

• Glad you found us on here...lots of love glynis

• It was a bit of a faff getting here, glynis, but I made it!

You may also like...